Resource Professionals Group (RPG) specializes in natural
resources applications that solve, at one time, problems
faced by two groups of people. Some own, manage and
work to improve forest land; others own or manage
energy-consuming industrial or other large buildings.
In our areas, RPG can save time and money for clients who
want quality results without trying to reinvent solutions
that have already been shown to work in
Selected projects and activities:
- Cooperative Agreement with U.S. Forest Service.
Build communications pathways between building management,
energy designers and wood products companies to expand
implementation of renewable heat systems.
Final report accepted 2018.
- Report for management on impacts of fuel switching on
wood pulping and paper making facility.
- Review county facility options for conversion to biothermal HVAC / combined heat and power applications
- Evaluate potential for interstate relocation of biomass fired utility power station.Fuel availability and cost studies.
- Develop manufacturing equipment and process layout and operations plan for start-up wood fuel producer.
- Report on university energy use and renewable source potential.
- Engineers' survey: biomass as renewable source for commercial building energy.
- Invited talks:
To be updated
- Heating the Northeast with Renewable Biomass in Manchester, NH, April 2011
- Woody Biomass for Heating & Cooling, Commercial & Industrial Applications at Lacawac Sanctuary, Lake Ariel, PA, March 2011
- Biomass Boot Camp in Hughesville, PA, February 2011
- 2011 American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers Winter Meeting and AHR EXPO February 2011 in Las Vegas, NV, February 2011
- World Energy Engineering Congress in Washington D.C., December 2010
- NC Urban Forestry Conference in Raleigh, NC, September 2010
- Heating the Northeast with Renewable Biomass in Manchester, NH, April 2010
- Forest Products Society Smallwood Conference in Hot Springs, AR, April 2010
- Biomass CHP and Thermal Systems Short Course at Penn State University, March 2010
- International conference on Woody Biomass Utilization in Starkville, MS, August 2009